Are you looking to know the process of setting up the router with the modem? If yes, let us help you in connecting the TP-Link router to a modem. In case you don’t know the use of connecting the router to the modem, here it is: the router is used to broadcast the wireless signal with an Internet access. So in this article, we will discuss how to connect TP-Link router to modem. You will basically learn about the process of setting up a TP-Link wifi router.
Don’t worry, this is not something different from the topic that we are supposed to discuss. You will learn how to connect TP-Link router to modem and the process of TP-Link setup.
- First of all, keep the TP-Link router and modem together on any table where you want to set up the router. The location should be the center of the place or home.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable that is provided with the TP-Link router packaging and connect TP-Link router to modem. Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into the TP-Link router and another end into the modem.
- After this, you will need another Ethernet cable in order to connect TP-Link router to the computer. You can use either a wired or wireless method but we recommend using a wired method for the initial setup.
- After the basic hardware setup between the router and the modem, go to the computer that is connected to the router and launch the latest web browser for the web configuration. This is the main process where you will learn how to connect TP-Link router to modem through the web interface.
- Go to the TP-Link router login page and fill up the TP-Link router login credentials into the respective fields.
- Now the browser will show the TP-Link setup page on your screen. Manually set up the Internet connection on your wireless network. You will need the connection details of your Internet Service Provider.
- After this, follow the instructions to set up the basic wireless settings on the wireless router. The TP-Link setup wizard will take you through the steps to set up the basic wireless configurations.
So this was the process of connecting the router to the modem through hardware setup and web interface setup. After this, your router will start working with the modem and you can access the Internet on any wireless-enabled device.
We hope that this article explained you how to connect TP-Link router to modem in an easy way. These were some of the basic instructions to set up the router with the modem so that both the devices work with each other. In case you face any difficulty, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.