This is the major query that people with wireless router ask i.e. “my tp-link router is open and need it to be secure”. Although the concern about the security of the wireless network is appreciable but very few people know about the security setup process on the tp-link wireless router. Securing the wireless network is very important in order to prevent the network from any unauthorized user or threat. In this article, you will get to know about the solution of your searched query “my tp-link router is open and need it to be secure”. We will discuss the security settings setup process to prevent it from threats and frauds.
How to Set up the Security?
Want to know how to set up the security settings on the tp-link wireless router? Don’t worry, this is the section where we will discuss the security setup process. Make sure you follow the below-given instructions carefully in order to avoid any difficulty.
- First of all, you need to connect the physical devices with each other.
- Connect the wireless router to the modem using the Gigabit Ethernet cable.
- Now connect the wireless router to the computer using another Ethernet cable.
- Make sure you turn on both the devices
Now comes the router login step. This is a very important step in the solution of your searched query “my tp-link router is open and need it to be secure”.
- Go to the computer which is connected to the wireless network of your router.
- Open an Internet browser and enter the default web address of your tp-link wireless router into the address field.
- Click Go and you will see tp-link router login page on your screen asking for router username and password.
- Fill up the router login credentials into the login fields and you will be directed to the tp-link setup wizard.
- After you see the tp-link router setup wizard on your screen, look for the Wireless Setup tab.
- Click the Wireless Setup tab and you will be navigated to the Wireless security setup wizard.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to set up the password and secure the wireless network.
Ensure that the settings are being saved because if the settings are not saved on the router, the router won’t be able to make the settings take effect. So when you save the settings, your router will reboot so that new settings take effect on it. After this, your tp link wireless router will be able to reflect the security settings.
So in this article, we hope that you got to know about the solution of your query “my tp-link router is open and need it to be secure”. If you are facing any difficulty while attempting to set up security settings on the tp-link router or you need assistance on anything else, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will more than happy to provide you with the best-in-class assistance.